Thursday, April 13, 2017

Judge Joe Brown

Justin hates what I named this dish, but I couldn't help myself.  Briana and I took a vote and two against one, Judge Joe Brown won. It is a Sloppy Joe and hash brown hybrid. See how we got there? Are you picking up what we are putting down? It was good. Funston and Peyton scarfed it down. Justin had seconds. That's a success in my book.


Ingredients:
1 lb ground meat- we used a deer/bacon combo
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tbsp of each: mustard, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce
1 package of refrigerated hash browns
A little oil and butter
1 cup of shredded cheese *we used Velveeta Shreds
Directions:
Preheat oven to 400.
Grease a baking sheet and spread browns into an even layer.
Put a few dabs of butter on the hash browns here and there. I probably used about 1 tbsp total. Just chunks of butter scattered all over the browns.
Bake for 15 minutes.
While they are baking... brown the meat. If you have lean meat you may want to use some oil. We had bacon mixed into our meat, so I skipped extra oil in the pan.
Once it is crispy and brown, drain, if needed, and add the ketchup, mustard, worcestershire and brown sugar to the pan with the meat. Mix well.
Add the Joe to the top of the Browns and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. With about 5 minutes left, sprinkle with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Judge Joe Brown

Justin hates what I named this dish, but I couldn't help myself.  Briana and I took a vote and two against one, Judge Joe Brown won. It...